- January – The World Health Organization announces an outbreak of the Zika virus.
- February – North Korea launches a long-range rocket into space, violating multiple UN treaties and prompting condemnation from around the world.
- March – Three coordinated bombings in Brussels, Belgium kill at least 32 and injure at least 250. The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant claims responsibility for the attacks.
- April – The International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) and the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung publishes millions of confidential documents from the Panamanian corporate Mossack Fonseca that provides detailed information on more than 214,000 offshore companies, including the identities of shareholders and directors including noted personalities and heads of state.
- May – EgyptAir Flight 804 crashes with 66 people on board over the Mediterranean en route from Paris to Cairo.
- June – The United Kingdom votes in a referendum to leave the European Union.
- July – The Philippines wins the arbitration case they filed regarding the legality of China’s “Nine-Dash Line” claim over the South China Sea under the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea.
- August – The 2016 Summer Olympics are held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. After the Olympics, the Brazilian Senate votes to impeach the President of Brazil.
- September – The government of North Korea conducts its fifth and reportedly biggest nuclear test.
- November – Donald Trump wins the 2016 US Presidential Elections
- December – The Aleppo Offensive closes in.
A lot has happen.However, the best thing we can do is to continue making the world a better place, one small step at a time.
It’s easy to get stuck at the moment and realizing how horrible the future may hold at times. (Looking back at it, it sorta confirms with that belief 😛 .)
Even so, take a deep breath and take care. Continue enjoying today’s experiences and fight for tomorrow’s experiences. That’s all I have to say. 🙂
Here’s to another great year of living!